What is pe100 pipe? What are the Pe100 pipe joining methods? You can continue reading our article for answers to such questions. Pe100 pipe is a type of pipe whose raw material is pe100 and which is a derivative of high-density polyethylene raw materials. They have high liquid carrying capacities. Therefore, it is used in situations where it is known to be exposed to high pressure. Generally, joining process is performed by electrofusion and butt welding.
Electrofusion Welding and Coupling MethodElectrofusion welding is a reliable and high-performance assembly technique. In this method, welding is carried out with resistance wires located inside the electrofusion pipe fitting. For joining pe100 pipe with electrofusion welding method:
- First, pipes are placed inside the electrofusion pipe fitting.
- The ends of the welding machine are connected to the resistance ends in the hole on the electrofusion pipe fitting.
- The resistances are heated by applying current with the help of an electrofusion welding machine.
- As the resistances heat up, the wall thickness of the electrofusion pipe fitting is greater than the wall thickness of the pipe, so the temperature of the pipe wall becomes higher than the temperature of the sleeve wall.
- This temperature difference creates a pressure inside the pipe.
- Welding takes place as a result of this pressure.