HDPE pipe and fitting is a type of pipe produced with PE100 raw material, which is a type of high density polyethylene raw materials.
What is The HDPE Pipe and Fitting? What are the Areas of Use?
Due to its high liquid carrying capacity, it is used where there is high pressure need. Usually, their color is black and blue.
The areas of use of HDPE pipes and fittings are;
- Deep-sea discharges
- Water transmission
- Superstructure and infrastructure drinking water networks
- Fire water pipelines
- Discharge of sewage
- Pipelines under the sea
- Irrigation systems
- Power distribution
- Cable pipelines
- Geothermal piping systems
- Natural gas and LPG pipelines
- Telecommunication pipelines
According to areas of usage and needs, hdpe pipes and fittings sizes are manufactured in different dimensions and diameters.
What are the Features of HDPE Pipes and Fittings?
- It is hygienic. It does not change the taste or smell of water. It complies with health standards.
- It is suitable for under the sea installations since, it is not affected by sea water.
- Hydraulically smooth inner surface, it provides an advantage when choosing the diameter in project planning.
- It is practical to use. It can be apply quickly and easily.
- It offers the possibility of transportation and waste-free installation.
- It has high resistance to sunlight due to the fact that it is produced from UV doped carbon black material.
- Welding properties are functional.
- It is compatible with varied connections such as butt welding and electrofusion welding.
- Brunt resistance is high. Resistant to cracking.
- It is not affected by corrosive materials contained in the soil. For this reason, there is no need to cathodic protection.
- It is non-corrosive, has high chemical resistance.
- It is shatterproof, not affected by earthquake or underground movements
- Tree and plant roots cannot enter the pipes or fittings.